The perfect salad for many occasions. Quick and simple to make. Can be served hot or cold. Plus, this Maftoul Salad is versatile as it can be used as starter, side or as a main.
- 250g Zaytoun maftoul
- 5 tbsp Zaytoun olive oil
- 75g Traidcraft raisins
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Zaytoun za’atar
- Add 1 tsp salt to 1 litre of water and bring to the boil.
- Toast maftoul in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add toasted maftoul and raisins to the boiling water and let simmer for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool then drain.
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the maftoul, raisins, both kinds of onions, parsley, chilli, za’atar, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil and mix, seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.