Fairtrade Maftoul and Lentil Salad Recipe
Our Fairtrade Maftoul and Lentil Salad Recipe makes the perfect side dish to accompany any meat or vegetarian dishes. Packed with protein and very tasty. Served hot.
100g spinach – most chopped, reserve some for serving
Generous bunch parsley, chopped
150g Palestinian Maftoul
300ml vegetable or chicken stock
1 can of precooked lentils, drained & rinsed
half a red onion, finely sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
16 cherry tomatoes
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil and add the maftoul, cook for around 6 minutes, drain and set aside.In a large bowl combine the onion, tomato halves, garlic, chopped spinach, parsley and lentils.
- Add the cooled maftoul and mix well.
- To make the dressing combine about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, a splash of vinegar, lemon juice, 1 heaped
- teaspoon of cumin and a level teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Mix well and pour over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper, give the salad a good toss then serve on a bed of reserved spinach leaves