A French inspired chocolate recipe given the fair trade treatment today! This simple recipe is perfect when you need a dessert that will impress at a dinner party. Originally from ‘The Times Calendar Cookbook’ by Katie Stewart, this recipe is a favourite of Jenny’s and has been served to many friends over the years.
- 175g Fairtrade plain chocolate broken into pieces
- 1/2 pint single cream
- 1 free range egg
- pinch salt
- ½ teasp vanilla essence or generous slug brandy or other alcohol
You will also need a blender or food processor and six small ramekins or tea/coffee cups to serve the chocolate pots in.
- Put the chocolate in the goblet of the blender.
- Heat the cream until just under boiling point, then pour onto the chocolate. Cover, blend until smooth. The heat of the cream will melt the chocolate.
- Add the egg, salt and essence or alcohol, blend again quickly.
- Pour into 6 small pots or coffee cups. Chill for several hours or overnight.
And that’s it! Super easy, absolutely delicious and fair trade. The perfect pud!