Fairtrade Fruity Flapjack
Delicious Fairtrade Fruity Flapjack is perfect for parties. Easy to make and always goes down a treat! This recipe is great because it combines multiple Fairtrade ingredients plus can be adapted to be vegan (by using Vegan Marg) and also gluten-free (by using gluten-free oats). Enjoy!
- 175g butter or margarine
- 100g Fairtrade demerara sugar
- 4 tbsp Fairtrade golden syrup
- 100g Traidcraft dried apricots, chopped
- 100g Traidcraft Chilean raisins
- 275g rolled oats
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Line swiss roll type tin (approx. 18cm x 28cm) with baking parchment.
- Heat butter or margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Mix well
- Spoon into prepared tin and press down firmly
Bake for 20 – 25 mins.
Cool slightly, then mark flapjack into squares or fingers. Remove from tin when firm. Store in an airtight tin for up to a week.
Not suitable for freezing.