This spicy coleslaw recipe can be used to make a healthy version of a great salad for summer parties or BBQs. It is easy to make and uses fair trade ingredients where possible. Perfect for a large party.
- Half a white cabbage, shredded finely
- 3 – 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- Handful of Traidcraft raisins
- 2 heaped dessertspoons mayonnaise
- 2 heaped dessertspoons natural yogurt
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Ukuva i-Africa relish – Chermoula, Baobob or Peri Peri (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix shredded cabbage and grated carrot in a large bowl
- Mix mayonnaise and yogurt in a jug
- Add the other ingredients to taste and stir in raisins
- NB the Ukuva i-Africa relishes vary in strength so add cautiously unless you want it very spicy!